Employment law is an ever changing and complex area of law. It is often very difficult for Solicitors specialising in other areas of law or in general practice to remain up to date with the pace of change both domestically and at European level. It can often be dangerous for Solicitors and their Firms if they “dabble” in areas of law in which they are not Specialists.
If you are reluctant about advising on any aspect of employment law, then we can assist. It may well be that you already advise on basic employment law matters but are hesitant to give advice if the issues become more complex. We are happy to deal with the client directly or alternatively to provide the advice to you so that you can advise them. Further, if you refer a private client to us, we will pay a referral fee at conclusion of the case equivalent to 10% of the total fee generated. Please note that the referral fee will only be paid if we are instructed privately since we do not undertake employment work on either a Legal Aid or No Win No Fee basis.
- ADVICE TO SOLICITORS IN THEIR CAPACITY AS EMPLOYERS. We can also provide assistance to Solicitors in their capacity as Employers and this can include advice on;
- DRAFTING AND REVISING CONTRACTS OF EMPLOYMENT FOR STAFF AND/ OR SERVICE CONTRACTS FOR SELF EMPLOYED CONSULTANTS
- DRAFTING DISCIPLINARY/ GRIEVANCE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- GIVING ADVICE ON DISCIPLINARY AND GRIEVANCE MATTERS
- ADVISING ON DISMISSALS
- ADVISING ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF REDUNDANCIES
- ADVISING ON RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION OF STAFF
- DRAFTING COMPROMISE AGREEMENTS
- DRAFTING RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS
- ADVISING ON FIRM/DEPARTMENT MERGERS
- PROVIDING ADVICE AND REPRESENTATION AT EMPLOYMENT TRIBUNAL
- TRAINING SEMINARS
For more information on how we can assist you please contact the Head of our Employment Department, Margaret Gribbon on 0141 429 2181 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org